Friday, September 5, 2008

at least i know she thinks about this...

Yesterday I was making a card for a friend and Olivia wanted to make one too. So I gave her some paper and a pen and she said, "I know what I want it to say." "Ok," I said.  "What do you want me to write?" She looked at me with a sincere expression, her voice just a little softer, and said, "Dear Aubrie. I'm sorry for all the not-nice times we've had. I know we can make ourselves better by sharing together."


Just about broke my heart. I know that she is aware of the fact that she struggles to share with her friends and speak kindly to them. And at least I know that she wants to try to improve. I forget sometimes that she is only four. I'm so glad the Lord gives me moments like these to see the "child of god" in my children.

2 comments:

Emily H. said...

aww, that is so sweet. I totally can picture Noelle thinking something like that about the way she treated Tucker. sometimes (well a lot of the time) her personality just got the best of her. she never stopped caring about him though, you know? Little Olivia, I just love her!
Emily

Charis said...

That is too cute! Well cute is not the best word, but you know what I mean :-) And I am not good with expression words ;-) I am sure you are great at record keeping, but the blog sure is a great way to remember (and share) such sweet moments. I love reading about your kids.