Friday, October 31, 2008

TRICK OR TREAT!

Finally, tonight, we got to go trick-or-treating! We had a long week, waiting for Halloween. On Tuesday we went to the ward Trunk-or-Treat party, which was so fun. And that was especially nice because Dan was in town. So we got to have a fun family Halloween party. Olivia has been planning to be a kitty cat for so long, and luckily for me, I found a strip of black crushed velvet in my sewing scraps. So we made her a tail and some ears and painted her face and she looked adorable. And Rylie loves her ballet dressup clothes, so she was especially excited about wearing her ballet shoes to church. Tucker, on the other hand, hasn't been able to decide what he wanted to be for Halloween. We were vascillating between Batman and Ben10 and Sonic the Hedgehog. Thankfully, he decided on the easiest of the three costumes to create, Ben10 (he's a character from a cartoon about a little boy who saves the world by turning into different alien forms to defeat bad guys, using an extraterrestrial watch that crashed to earth via a meteor - you can see why it might be the favorite show of a 6 year old.) :)

By Halloween night, however, Olivia had changed her mind about being a kitty and Rylie had filled her tutu with peanut butter, so Livs and Rylie donned two of Tucker's old costumes, with only two minor additions - ribbons, to make a GIRL dinosaur and a GIRL giraffe. They were adorable, and lots warmer for the cool night air. We went trick or treating with our best friends Aubrie and Robbie. I was glad to have Amber and Ryan's help trying to corral three sugar-high children in the dark. It really was super fun. :)

8 comments:

Emily H. said...

How cute Shell! The kids look great! I'm so glad you guys had fun. Last night Adam and I were realizing that Isaac is now the age Noelle was the year she was a "tween" (queen) and we went over to Christine and Johns for a party and then took the kids to a few houses to go trick or treating. I love those pictures of the kids waiting at door after ringing the bell. Good memories!

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

They all look so adorable in their costumes! How fun!

Unknown said...

Hi Shelley:

Lu Dalton is my second great aunt (older sister of my second great grandmother, Ellen Lee Jakeman). I recently came across a dramatic interpretation of one of her poems, "Woman's Sphere", that you had performed in 2004 at BYU. (Both Ellen and Lu are featured in the book "Discoveries: Two Centuries of Poems by Mormon Women"). We enjoyed your interpretation very much. I was curious as to whether you had any more information about the production or any back stories you could share with me about how Lu's poem was chosen, what it meant to you, etc. Thought this would be nice information to share with my family. Thanks in advance, Jeff

Katy said...

I love your blog! I sure miss you. You have such a beautiful family, and I am so grateful you are still in my life after all these years.. truley kindred spirits I say. Miss you.

amanda said...

Hi Shelley!!!

I just linked to your blog from Katy's. How fun is this!?!

So glad you have a blog...

Karen said...

so fun to find your blog!! I found it through Leah's. I scrolled a bit and found your news that you're expecting. I'm finding out so many people are due around April/May next year. We're expecting our second the end of April. I'm sorry you've been sick. That's so difficult when you're keeping up with the other kids. I hope you're feeling well now.

-Karen Bourne

p.s. Sorry, I just have a profile, not a blog!

Nick said...

Hey Shelley,
I was so excited to find your blog! Bran and I are still in Eagle. I wanted to get your address for Christmas cards this year. Check out our blog at www.4cutebboys.blogspot.com. You can email me at my personal address penquilla@gmail.com. I can get you Bran's for Dan if he wants it.
Nicole Bailey

Cameron and Kymberly Tuckfield said...

Hi Shelley!
The kids look so cute! We love you LOTS!
xoxo, Cameron and Kymberly