Thursday, August 28, 2008

Olvia's first day of preschool (for *real this year)




This might be the exact same outfit she was wearing last year for her "first day of preschool" before we realized we were just too poor to put her in. Poor girl.

But isn't she adorable? And we found a great new preschool that we love and that has given us a scholarship, so it's a great situation. She just loves it. And I mean LOVES it. She doesn't stop talking about all the fun things they do, singing their songs, telling me about the weather. I wish we could have put her in every day, instead of just MWF. But still, it's going to be a great year. I am so proud of her for being super brave. After orientation and meeting her teachers (and after we realized that her classroom has a bucket full of my little ponies with their toys!) she hasn't had a hard time at all. The first morning I drove her up to the drop off, and she climbed out of the car and took the teacher's hand and walked to her classroom. With one tiny glance over her shoulder, she was gone. I kept thinking about that mama mia song my mom made me listen to the other day. the one that i can't even think about without crying..."schoolbag in hand..." oh i can't handle it sometimes. It breaks my heart when I realize that I really am losing her, a little bit at a time...

Gotta stop this post. I'm bawling and I have to get one more post done before I tutor. Deep breath...

2 comments:

Emily H. said...

Sorry, but I can't help but laugh when I read your post. I remember when we were holding Tucker and Noelle when they were like 6 months old and you started crying because they were growing out of being newborns. :) I totally know the song, and it does seem fitting! I'm so happy for Olivia! Structured school is a great thing for a smart girl like Liv!
Emily

Emily H. said...

Olvia's gunu have sush a fun scool year.with susha good techer wut is her name agen? has she made a new frind yet? she is geting soooo old
:) :( :(

love
Noelle