Sunday, July 13, 2008

Youth Conference


I had my first experience chaperoning a youth conference trip this weekend. It was a little crazy, since I was battling a cold and I had lost my voice for pretty much the entire weekend, but it was still fun. I have awesome girls, and I loved having the chance to get to know them a little better. There's something great about hanging out in your jammies and eating junk food at 2 in the morning - something that brings out the honesty in all of us. :)


And it was nice to have Dan taking care of the kids all day so I could have the break. It's so nice to have him home more this month. I know that August will bring a bit of a busier schedule, so we're making the most of this while we can. (As in getting dentist appointments out of the way, etc.) We're bummed, though, because we had finally scheduled a temple date and Bart and Amber were going to come watch the kids for us, but we found out the temple is closed for the rest of the month. How sad, that the only real month that we have time together, the temple is closed. Bummer. We'll have to work around that somehow.

0 comments: