Thursday, May 15, 2008

Strawberry Picking


Well, we had a wonderful morning picking strawberries last Saturday...Rylie ate a zillion along the way, and crushed as many with her chubby fingers trying to "help" pick them. We filled four gallon buckets full in no time at all - it was a beautiful sunny morning and we worked our row pretty quickly. Washington Farms has a great little playground for the kids to enjoy after all the picking, and a super fun rope swing. Even Dan took a ride on the rope swing - and held Rylie for part of the time, which she LOVED. Unfortunately, Olivia had an allergic reaction to something, and she broke out in hives all over her body, so we had to cut our morning short and grab some benadryl on the way home. Poor gal. It was super fun, though. And we got 3 batches of freezer jam, 2 gallons of frozen berries, and a delicious strawberry shortcake (not to mention the fresh berries for lunch, dinner, and breakfast.) Yummm...

2 comments:

Shanda said...

Yum! I love that you have a blog! Thanks for the updates! You have such a darling family! I can't believe Tucker is 6! I remember when we moved into the student ward & you were just expecting him! Crazy how fast time goes by! We send our love.

Jenn Knight said...

So I just found this on Kat's page. Why did I not know about your blog before? I'm sure you've posted about it... ANYWAY, this trip sounds like SO much fun (minus the benadryl for Olivia, poor girl).

Please send me your recipe for freezer jam when you get a few minutes. Kurt loves it and I keep trying to remember to get a recipe for it...